My name is Eléonore. Most people call me Elly.
I am a Stråla yoga Guide, Personal Chef turned Nutrition Coach, Passionate Triathlete.
I help athletes to incorporate yoga in their trainings, and work with ambitious and active people to bring fitness and wellbeing into their routine.
I live in Dubai, UAE, where I have chosen to settle and share what feels good.
What / Who made me who I am today ?
I’d like you to visualize the big picture: how meaningful the choices you make today are for tomorrow. I’d like you to understand that taking a little time for your fitness each day, making a little space for your wellbeing everyday, has a huge impact on your performances, on your future, making you the best version of you, along the way.
here is my (true) story, if it helps …
Yoga and Nutrition Certifications
- Certified in Stråla Yoga 200hrs + 20hrs with Tara Stiles and Michael Taylor at Stråla London, UK. (2016)
- Certified in Hatha Yoga 200hrs and Ashtanga 200hrs at Shiva Yoga Peeth, Rishikesh, India. (2016)
- Certified Precision Nutrition Coach (2022).
I believe in consistency, determination, willpower.
Discipline made me an endurance athlete.
Since that day of January 2014, when I decided to change, I have sticked to my plan, and the plan given by my coach. I have crossed the finish line of
- 2 marathons. (42.2km),
- 5 half marathons (21.1km),
- 1 Long distance triathlon (1900m swim, 98km bike, 21km run)
- 4 Ironman 70.3 (1900m swim, 90km bike, 21.1km run)
- 11 Olympic distance triathlons (1500m swim, 40km+ bike, 10km run)
- 4 Short distance triathlons (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run)
- A few 10km run races.
I am on the road to my first full distance Ironman 140.6 (3800m swim, 180km bike, 42.2km run) which will take place in June 2023 in Hamburg, Germany.
I believe in dedication, commitment, personal involvement.
Life circumstances made me a food expert:
- Raised in Burgundy, France, food was the pillar of my family: I grew up in a Michelin Star restaurant.
- I have had a love/hate relationship with food. Suffered with eating disorders as a young adult, and struggled with body image. How ironic:
- 17 years in the F&B industry:
- 8 years as superyacht Chef.
- 8 years at the head of “Elly’s” my fine dining restaurant in the South of France.
- 18 months as the Personal Chef of an Emirati Tycoon and Family in Dubai.
- I started studying nutrition in 2016 for my own personal growth and benefits as I was training for my first marathon. That’s when food became my ally. Food became Fuel. I have learnt so much through my experience of training, racing, and injuries, recovering and healing. Nutrition is the 4th discipline of triathlon, if you don’t get that quickly, you are definitely putting yourself in difficulty.
- After 6 years of research and procrastination, I am finally certified as Precision Nutrition Coach, an approach that I fully embrace as it totally matches my mindset.
My (true) story
January 2014. I was looking at the pictures (so many of them) that my sister Eugenie had taken during the recent holidays. And it hit me. What am I doing? Who am I? I was in my mid-thirties, one cigaret in one hand, one beer in the other one, slim yet not fit, not old but not young either. What do I want? Where am I going?
” I want to live young, fit and capable. I want to be the best version of me”
I had let myself overwhelmed by the restaurant routine, long hours, stress, poor eating habits (in the middle of the night when coming back from work) and processed food (believe me), no life besides the restaurant and everything related to it. Sleeping late on days off. No purpose. No goal. Yes. Smoking on my Vogue menthol first thing in the morning with coffee.
There is no such things as miracle. I took actions. I did change my lifestyle and daily habits, starting by a running practice 3 times a week, waking up on day off, and I downloaded some apps like my FitnessPal as food journal and tracker, which linked me to FITSTAR, the bodyweight training app that changed my life. I repeat: the app that changed my life. On a mat, in the corridor, I practiced 4 times a week. Religiously. Fanatically. My running got stronger, faster. I got leaner.
January 2015, FITSTAR launches FITSTAR YOGA. I got in and got hooked. That’s the beginning of a daily practice, guided by a tall lean girl with clouds on her yoga pants, the one that was to become my leader and inspiration: Tara Stiles. 4 months into yoga, I quit smoking, just like that. I repeat: just like that. The rest is history.
I have never looked back. My small daily actions had triggered a cascade of positive beneficial changes and introduced me to a whole new world of possibilities and opportunities for better life’s choices.
I have found balance in my Practice of endurance sports, supported by Stråla and sensible Nutrition.
- My Practice is my lifestyle,
- My Practice makes me feel confident and empowered.
- My Practice makes me feel great.
I believe that’s right, and I am excited to pass it on.
It’s about time you lead a life that feels like yours, let me help you sustain balance, and win.
I’m picky with my yoga, not often people get it right for me. Moving with Elly changed that all. It seemed like she intuitively knew what my body needed even though we were in a room full of people. Her flows always took me on a mindful journey with her words whispering in the background… and breathe.
I loved her sequences as they were an amazing mix of strong movements, holding, releasing and breath.
I can’t wait for her to be able to share her unique approach to this practice with you all online. Jodi.
Elly is amazing, her passion and dedication to health and fitness are truly remarkable. Elly’s techniques to improve flexibility and balance combined with her attention to details makes her a great instructor. She is a people’s person, highly knowledgeable. After each practice with her, I felt inspired, deeply relaxed yet energized, and connected to the feeling of oneness. Can’t wait to have her (and you!) here at Pumula. Lucie.
I only just subscribed, and was excited to try straight away to get a taste of how it feels. One of Elly’s sequences high quality is that working out is done smoothly. Her voice is calm and guides every moves which unroll in a very smooth rhythm that makes all things appear super easy. That’s great! just amazing! I went half way through “Easy Flow” and “Standing Traveler” ( that I have found more challenging because flexibility is required. ) And I am sure that the more I’ll do, the more I’ll achieve. Thank you so much. She really does deserve to succeed.
I loved Elly’s yoga class, she explained everything before starting and during the class. Elly has a caring attitude and paid attention to the needs of everyone, slowing down when needed. I felt really relaxed and rejuveated after the practice with her. Will definitely come again and recommend to others! ♥
If you are hesitant to start yoga, Elly is a good place to start. Her attention to detail during our class is second to none. She guides you through the entire motion, and brings calm to the practice. I highly recommend Elly. She has the experience to help wherever you are in your practice. Also: i really did enjoy her playlist.